Gravity Flow Effluent Filter - 4"
Excellent Filtration That Is Adaptable & Economical
- Easy installation just about anywhere, even square baffles
- Easy and economical to maintain, even in hard to reach places
- Excellent filtration for solids, including toilet paper, hair, lint, etc.
- Bristles self lock into place to prevent filter float up
- Longer filter life because debris is sorted by size
- Allows biological maturing necessary in waste-water treatment systems
- Durable enough to be washed out, economical enough to be disposable
- For use in residential, commercial and other applications
Flexible enough for just about any application. Whether you need a filter for a Tee or for a square septic tank baffle. This flexibility extends to the service of the filter as well. As mentioned above, the tank does not need to be pumped down for servicing. The filter can be washed out and reused or you can choose to simply pull out and replace the filter with a new one (Plastic bags are supplied with the filter for disposal).
The filter is composed of non directional polypropylene bristles that are would together with a stainless steel core. The contoured shape of the filter creates a debris separation space that naturally sorts debris according to size and mass. This space also ensures even filter usage for a long lifespan.
Service intervals will vary depending upon many factors such as water usage, soap usage, garbage disposals, etc. The filter should be serviced at least every three years. For maximum protection it should be replaced about every 50,000 gallons of effluent. For average residential applications this correlates to about 1 year of service. Because the water usage and configurations of systems vary quite a bit from area to area and even in the same area depending upon when a system was installed, it is recommended that the filter be inspected annually.
Sim/Tech bristle filters come in various sizes rated at different maximum flow rates. Large filters can be used for high volume commercial applications and/or filters can be manifolded together to meet the appropriate flow rate. The 4" filters is rated at 1800 gallons per day.